GO Service Changes starting May 4
Starting May 4, 2015, there will be time changes to most Milton,
Kitchener and Barrie line train trips and connecting GO Buses. There
will also be changes to one weekday morning and afternoon Lakeshore East
trip and connecting GO Buses.
- We’re adjusting the times of some of our train trips to coordinate
schedules with the new UP Express service launching this spring, which
will connect Union Station to Toronto Pearson in 25 minutes, every 15
- Kitchener, Milton and Barrie lines will share some tracks with UP
Express so the schedules on all these services need to be coordinated in
order to operate efficiently and help ensure on-time arrivals and
- Some trips on the Kitchener line will now take less time as regular
train speeds can resume with construction in the corridor nearing
- There will be changes to some trips to better reflect actual travel
times and provide more accurate schedule information for customers.
- GO customers who pass through Union, Bloor and Weston stations will
benefit from quick and easy connections to the new UP Express service,
as well as much lower UP Express fares by using PRESTO.
Find out if there are changes to your route below.
Milton GO Train
25 – Waterloo/Mississauga GO Bus
- Time changes to weekday GO Bus Route 25 trips that
connect to train service.
* The schedules on MiWay buses which connect to Milton line
trains will also be adjusted starting May 4th.
- Starting April 27, 2015, MiWay will offer a new GO
shuttle servicing Erindale GO Station. This route will
offer two-way weekday rush hour service via Creditview Road
every 22 minutes.
- Please visit
Kitchener GO Train
- Later departures of one to seven minutes at some
stations and on most train trips on the Kitchener line.
Arrival time at Union Station on some trips will also
- Some trips will be shorter by a few minutes as regular
train speeds will resume as construction along the corridor
30, 31, 32, 33, 37, 38, and 39
Time changes to weekday trips on GO Bus Routes 30, 31,
32, 33, 37, 38, and 39, that connect to train service.
Lakeshore East GO Train
- Weekday westbound 6:12 a.m. train trip from Oshawa
GO will now depart two minutes earlier, at 6:10 a.m. Arrival
at Union Station remains the same.
- Weekday westbound 4:08 p.m. train trip from Oshawa
GO will depart three minutes later, at 4:11 p.m., and arrive
at Union Station at 5:12 p.m.
– Port Perry/Whitby GO Bus
- The weekday southbound 5:23 a.m. trip from Port Perry
will depart two minutes earlier, at 5:21 a.m., and arrive at
Whitby GO at 6:01 a.m.
– Lakeshore East GO Bus
- The weekday 5:07 a.m. GO Bus from Newcastle to Oshawa GO
will also depart two minutes earlier at 5:05 a.m.
- The weekday 2:58 p.m. Train-Meet GO Bus trip from
Newcastle to Oshawa GO will also depart three minutes later,
at 3:01 p.m.
Reduced Lakeshore West GO Train Service, April 25
On Saturday, April 25, Lakeshore West GO Train service will also be
reduced from every 30 minutes to every hour due to railway crossing and
track work near Clarkson GO.
GO Bus service will operate as regularly scheduled. Lakeshore
East trains will operate as usual, but riders may need to switch trains
at Union Station and wait up to 30 minutes for a Lakeshore West train.
Please see the
Lakeshore West schedule
for trip times.
This scheduled track work includes replacing railway ties,
gravel/stone replacement and the leveling of tracks. GO regularly does
maintenance work like this across the system in order to provide safe
and reliable service.
Holidays & Special Events
Sometimes special events and holidays have an impact on our service.
Please see your specific schedule for exact times.
|Holiday / Schedule Change
||February 16, 2015
||April 3, 2015
||May 18, 2015
||July 1, 2015
||August 3, 2015
||September 7, 2015
||October 12, 2015
||December 24, 2015
||Early homebound Schedule
||December 25, 2015
||December 26, 2015
|Observed Boxing Day
||December 28, 2015
|New Year's Eve
||December 31, 2015
||Early homebound / Late night
|New Year's Day
||January 1, 2016
Saturday Schedule or Sunday Schedule means service
on these days will run according to the Saturday or Sunday schedule
specified in the schedule for each route. Please note that some GO
Transit routes do not offer weekend service -- you should check your
schedule for information about weekend service.